These are unscheduled events, drives and activities that don’t have a specific plan or schedule. These are things that you can plan individually or as a group.
Chesterfield is located just about 25 minutes west of downtown St. Louis, along the Interstate 64/U.S. Highway 40 corridor. The city was formed in 1988 by citizens who cared deeply about the area and about the quality of life in the area. You’ll find numerous shopping areas, places to eat and partake of an adult beverage, arts and culture outlets, and a variety of public parks and pathways. Faust Park, which boasts a historic village, playground, walking trails, a carousel and The Butterfly House is just a few minutes away from the host hotel
The Butterfly House
The Sophia M. Sachs Butterfly House is a butterfly zoo operated by the Missouri Botanical Gardens, and located in Faust Park in Chesterfield, Missouri, United States. The Butterfly House is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. Get details from the Butterfly House website.
Faust Park, is one of St. Louis County’s most unique parks. Several separate foundations and organizations work together to create and maintain that uniqueness. The park was created in 1968 through the generosity of Leicester & Mary Plant Faust who donated the property, nearly 200 acres in the heart of Chesterfield. It was their intention to forever preserve the original estate of Missouri’s second governor, Frederick Bates. More details from the Faust Park website.
St. Louis Premium Outlets
Just one of several retail therapy opportunities, available. It’s located at the western end of the Chesterfield valley, just before the Missouri river bridge that crosses into St. Charles county. Details about the outlet mall can be found our the St. Louis Premium Outlets website. Within the Chesterfield Valley area you’ll find almost every retail and eatery outlet represented along with the original Chesterfield Mall.
A relatively recent addition to the Chesterfield valley area is Top Golf. The premier entertainment and event venue in Chesterfield with fun point-scoring golf games for all skill levels, upscale bar food and drinks, music and more! Check out the Top Golf Chesterfield website for additional details.
St. Charles County
Just to the west of Chesterfield and across the Missouri river, St. Charles County can quickly get you out into some scenic back roads, different entertainment options and several wineries within 30-60 minutes drive from the host hotel. In order of distance, closest to furthest, relative to the host hotel:
- Defiance Ridge Vineyards – http://www.defianceridgevineyards.com/
- Chandler Hill Vineyards – http://www.chandlerhillvineyards.com/
- Sugar Creek Winery – http://www.sugarcreekwines.com/
- Montelle Winery – http://www.montelle.com/
- Augusta Winery – http://www.augustawinery.com/
- Balducci Vineyards – http://www.balduccivineyards.com/
St. Louis City & Neighborhoods
We could develop an entire website just for this, but luckily the St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission has already done this for us: https://explorestlouis.com. You may want to request a copy of the Official Visitors Guide or use the online digital version. Both options are available here: https://explorestlouis.com/travel-tools/visitors-guide/
Here’s their list of 25 things to do in St. Louis.
- The Gateway Arch
- St. Louis Cardinal baseball at Busch Stadium
- Six Flags St. Louis theme park
- A night on the town in or around downtown
- St. Louis Zoo – one of the leading zoos in the country (free entry but parking fees apply), located within Forest Park home of the 1904 World’s Fair
- The Magic House
- Forest Park
- Anheuser-Busch Brewery Tour
- Grant’s Farm
- City Museum
- FOOD – Italian food on “The Hill” and Ted Drewes frozen custard
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis
- St. Louis Science Center
- Moto Museum for vintage motorcycles or St. Louis museum of Transportation for all forms of transport
- St. Louis Art Museum as just one art option
- The Old Courthouse
- Missouri History Museum
- Music options at The Pagent or Blueberry Hill
- Missouri Botanical Garden
- The Fabulous Fox Theatre for a show
- Casinos – plenty of options
- St. Louis Symphony at Powell Hall
- The Peabody Opera House
- The Delmar Loop with the St. Louis focused walk of fame
We have plenty of the famed Route 66 in Missouri and within the St. Louis city and surrounding area.
See this link to Explore St Louis to find Route 66 points of interest in St. Louis