Valve Cover Racing Rules
1. All cars may have practice runs until they have been weighed. Once weighed, no more tuning of the cars is allowed and the cars must be put in the corral until it is time to race. The corral shall be set up next to the track.
2. Regulation and Unlimited races will be run separately.
3. The best looking VCR shall be chosen by popular ballot as part of the regular balloting process and shall be awarded a separate prize.
1. Each car must be made from the valve cover of an identifiable British built automobile engine.
2. Regulation cars shall way no more than 12 pounds.
3. Unlimited cars can weigh anything over 12 pounds but must conform in all other respects.
4. All cars must have four wheels touching the ground and bearing weight.
5. All cars must have their front wheels located such that they contact, but not overlap the starting gate, which is an aluminum bar two inches high.
6. The starting gate area is 22 inches long and 18 inches wide.
7. Cars must fit in the starting gate area. No overlap of wheels behind the starting gate area is allowed.
1. Each heat will consist of three runs. The winner of the heat shall win two out of three runs. If there is a tie in a run, that run shall be repeated until a winner is declared.
2. Cars will switch lanes after each run.
3. Any car that runs out of its lane will lose that run. If both cars run out of their lanes, the heat shall be run again.
4. The winner in each of the two classes shall be the car that fends off all competitors. The second place winner shall be the runner up
in the double elimination process.
5. The car whose front wheels cross the finish line first without going out of its lane shall be declared the winner.
6. Ties shall be broken by running additional heats.
7. Ties shall be broken by running additional heats.
8. Any car that sheds parts during a run will be disqualified. No oil may dropped on the track or pit area.
1. The track shall consist of an inclined plane with a starting gate 22 inches long and 18 inches wide.
2. The starting gate shall be two inches high.
3. The total length of the inclined plane, including the starting gate, shall be eight feet. The width of the lanes from the staring gate to the end of the track shall be 24 inches.
4. The height of the inclined plane shall be approximately 30 inches.
5. The distance from the base of the of the inclined plane to the finish line shall be between 16 and 24 feet, depending on the available area. The track surface shall be the paved surface of the parking lot. Twenty four feet is preferred.